17 June 2021
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Legal News Wales is hosting an explanatory event for public bodies, lawyers and potential core participants to prepare and inform attendees on next year’s Covid-19 inquiry.
We have secured some unmissable speakers with authority and experience of signifiant public inquiries, including:
- Peter Watkin Jones, Consultant and former head of Eversheds Sutherland Inquiries & Investigations team; & co author of ‘The Practical Guide to Public Inquiries‘.
- Michael Imperato, Partner & Head of Public & Administrative Law at Watkins and Gunn
- Lloyd Williams QC, Barrister , 30 Park Place
- Christian J Howells, Barrister, 30 Park Place
- Kirsten Heaven, Barrister, 30 Park Place
- Chaired by Rhodri Williams QC, 30 Park Place
This FREE, online event will look at the steps all parties can take now to prepare for next year’s public inquiry on the pandemic.
It will be of great benefit to public bodies, public interest and community groups, members of the public, lawyers and charities.
What to expect
Our eminent panel pf speakers will share their knowledge of similar public inquiries to help you prepare ahead of next year’s Covid-19 inquiry.
- Why you should take part
- How to prepare
- What to expect: managing expectations
- How to get involved: the next steps
Our panel will share any lessons learned based on their involvement in equally weighty public inquiries. The speaker sessions will be followed by a Q&A opportunity.
Submit your questions
If you’d like to submit a question in advance, please contact the Editor and event host, Emma Waddingham by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome anyone interested in this topic to join us from both Wales and England.
The event will be hosted on Zoom. More information and joining instructions will be sent to you upon booking.