Salary: Up to £25k pa
TSR Legal have a superb opportunity for an individual to join an award winning firm of Advisors in Cardiff within the team that undertakes probate and estate administration and associated tax advisory work across the South Wales area.
There is a wide range of involvement available to a suitable candidate and the role would ideally suit an individual with strong organisational skills, who has experience of reading legal documents and an interest in investigating and solving ad hoc practical or technical challenges, and also an interest in developing their knowledge in relation to the probate process generally and perhaps the taxation of estates.
You will be working within a small team, and there may be a requirement from time to time to assist the wider team at the company with other similar business activities, so we ask that you have a positive attitude to becoming involved in other areas of the business.
- Assisting with all matters relating to probate applications, and administration of estates of varying size and complexity
- Providing administrative support with drafting letters of engagement with executors, letters to third parties and assisting with the collation of information for preparation of certain formal documents associated with a probate application, to include but not limited to Statements of Truth, inheritance tax forms, tax returns, Deeds of Variation, and also with Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and other similar work
- Monitoring and assisting with HMRC Trust Registration requirements and collation of required data
- Engaging with other professionals to whom we provide ad hoc taxation advice for estates and trusts, to obtain information
- Supporting work procedures undertaken to comply with ICAEW regulations for probate work
- Providing support with case file procedures
- Liaising with clients by telephone, email, letter and attending meetings where appropriate to progress matters
The successful Paralegal / Legal Assistant will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work in a team as well as independently, have a caring and understanding attitude and be well organised with a keen interest in legal matters.
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Rachel on 02920 388100 for an informal discussion.