TSR Legal are excited to be working with an excellent firm who is looking for a Care Solicitor for their Newport office.
You will be responsible for managing a caseload of childcare matters and to provide appropriate advice and assistance to clients in accordance with professional standards and internal quality requirements relating to the various types of publicly funded matters within the Practice Area, to process cases on a timely and cost effective basis, ensuring that billing on own files takes place promptly and lead in managing the cash flow for the team through efficient billing and payment procedures and to undertake advocacy personally wherever approached to operate and utilise CCMS for the benefit of the Firm and its clients.
- Law Degree or Recognised Equivalent
- LPC or Recognised Equivalent.
- Admission to Solicitors Roll or Recognised Equivalent
- Competent at using Microsoft Office Packages including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience of using Case Management, Document Management and time recording systems. Desirable
- A member of the Law Society’s Children Panel
- Experience of using digital dictation software.
- Knowledge/experience of Legal Aid Agency billing procedures and eligibility.
- Demonstrable ability to work within and manage a team.
- At least 6 months’ post qualification experience of dealing with childcare law matters/care proceedings
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with legal aid in care proceedings and of CCMS
- Advocacy skills with the ability and willingness to conduct own advocacy wherever possible
- The ability to work to short deadlines, under pressure and to financial targets
- Good client care skills and commitment to this area of work Personal Skills and Qualities Essential
- Self-motivated and clear thinking and able to carry out case work accurately.
If you are interested in having a confidential conversation about this role, please contact Ella Watts on 02920388100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org