Casualty Solicitor / Legal Executive
Salary: Competitive Salary DOE
Location: Newport or Bristol
TSR Legal are delighted to be working with a Top 20 law firm to recruitment for their Credit Hire and Repair team which works with over 40 insurance companies and self-insured corporates. The team deals with all aspects of defendant credit hire dispute resolution, providing an end to end solution. The team also provides pre-emptive advice on these issues whilst also assisting clients formulate their own strategies.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Solicitor / Chartered Legal Executive to develop their career. This role is available in the Newport or Bristol office.
The team deals with claims from small track to multi track including fraudulent claims. The team will also deal with liability, indemnity and associated losses including personal injury, credit repair and diminution.
What’s in it for you?
As well as offering high levels of flexibility and a great work life balance, this law firm offers a well-rounded remuneration package (which includes private medical insurance, income protection insurance and discounted gym membership, amongst many other benefits) alongside real opportunities for growth and progression.
There are regular in person and remote social events organised for colleagues, not to mention the opportunity to get involved in a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities, including volunteering or becoming an ally for one of their inclusion and diversity or business network groups.
- To provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients in the management of litigated vehicle hire and damage cases.
- Be responsible for a varied caseload of litigated work with an appropriate level of supervision.
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- Comply with internal and external service level agreements.
- To record timely and accurate management information.
- Meet individual performance measures.
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team (e.g. attending marketing events, client training, clinics and shadowing days).
Who you are
- 2 years’ experience handling litigated motor claims
- Prioritisation & Organisation skills – The ability to organise their own time, recognise what’s a time pressure, what’s important and when to ask for help.
- Good interpersonal skills to liaise with customers, clients and colleagues and be a real team player.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills – The ability to critically look at factual evidence, identify key legal arguments and apply the same.
- IT skills – Be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Commercial awareness – The ability to run a case within given fee structures.
- Resilience – The ability to stand their ground in a telephone negotiation and to receive feedback.
- Aptitude to learn – The ability to learn new skills and retain knowledge
- Credit hire experience
About the firm
They are a leading international legal business with over 2,900 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. They have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Argentina Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. They also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
They offer flexible working options including hybrid working and offer an excellent work-life balance, training and support. Salary is dependent on experience.
If you’d like to find out more about this exciting opportunity or apply, please contact Ella Watts at TSR Legal on 02920 388100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.