Location: South Wales / Home Working
You will work for one of the country’s largest and most reputable commercial law firms as a Construction Lawyer (either contentious or transactional) specifically within their Tier 1 Global litigation and disputes offering.
The office is based in Cardiff City Centre, but this role will be home working in addition to office working (Covid-19 guidelines in place with only 25% of employees allowed in the office on any given day). There are also national roles available so get in touch regardless of your location.
This is what you will be doing
This team has a strategy for growth in line with the growth of the wider Commercial Disputes team. The team is diverse, forward thinking and adaptable and are looking to hire exceptional Lawyers who are looking who are ambitious and have a passion for this work.
You will be acting for governments, public bodies, major multinational, national and international corporations and contractors.
The construction matters that will cross your desk are often complex and you will work as a team, Partner led in dealing with these matters. As part of one of the largest teams of its kind in the world, you will have the support to deliver excellence. In addition, you will receive a personal career path and several opportunities to climb the career ladder within this top, Global business, working under a supportive Partnership team across the Country.
Working for some household names as clients, you will cover work in:
- Real estate development
- Energy infrastructure
- Technology within construction
With most clients being engaged on a 5–10-year panel basis and therefore this growing team really does offer job security.
The experience you will bring to the team
- A qualified Lawyer with a focus on 4+ PQE (all PQE above 1 year will be considered though)
- Experience is construction or energy law is essential
- Experience in contentious construction or transactional construction will be considered as there are roles in both specialisms
- Excellent academics (2:1 degree and strong A Levels)
- Commercially astute
- A team player
What you will get in return
- An excellent salary above market average
- A fantastic benefit package.
- The highest quality of work / exposure to excellent clients
- Personal career progression and development at all levels
- A diverse culture with a D&I committee set up to encourage and educate, encouraging everyone to bring their true self to work.
- Working under tier 1 market leading Lawyers
- A blended working environment 2-3 days in office and 2 days’ work from home – part time will also be considered
- Inclusive hiring and leadership programmes.
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions, please contact Sarah Castle at Yolk Recruitment on 02921673737.
Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.