Up to £45k
20 days ago
Contracts Specialist / Junior Solicitor
Salary: Up to £45k pa
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our clients Head Office in Swansea for a Contracts Specialist / Junior Solicitor . As a contracts manager, you will be expected to support the head of legal with quality, accurate and relevant advice on global legal matters.
The role sits within Legal Department, providing dedicated support to colleagues across the business for a wide range of commercial contracts.
- Review, negotiate and recommend for signature standard contracts provided by external funders or collaborators to achieve appropriate and timely conclusion of contracts, identifying and mitigating risk
- Initiate drafting (using applicable templates) and redrafting of contract terms and recommend changes to contracts to achieve the best possible contractual outcomes for the company
- Reach a commercially acceptable position for company in relation to liability and indemnity, protection of intellectual property, licences and general commercialisation risks, and other key contract related issues
- Liaise with colleagues across the business to ensure they fully understand any contractual obligations and risks.
- a law degree OR significant experience in an equivalent role/job
- experience of reviewing and/or drafting and negotiating NDAs, agreements, other research related contracts, collaboration agreements, consultancy agreements
- knowledge and understanding of key research contract clauses
- experience of identifying and providing advice on potential risks on the full range of research related contracts
- experience of working in a contracting / legal environment
- a flexible, collaborative approach and strong inter-personal skills with a focus on customer service excellence and supporting continuous improvement of internal processes and best practice
For further details, please contact Rachel Phillips at TSR Legal on 02920 388100 or direct to email@example.com in complete confidence.