Court of Protection Junior Solicitor
(Cardiff Based & home working)
Yolk Recruitment is working exclusively with the NHS (NWSSP Legal & Risk Services) to recruit a Senior Solicitor into its Court of Protection Team. You will work on behalf of the local health boards and NHS Trusts in Wales. This is a rare and exciting role and what better time to be working for the NHS, making a difference.
Whilst the office is based in Cardiff, there will be home working in addition to flexible working. You’ll be contractually working 37.5 hours a week and can manage these arounds as you wish (core hours 10am-12pm and 2pm- 4pm).
This is what you’ll be doing
- Managing complex cases involving serious medical treatment, mental health and deprivation of liberty
- Reporting to the Team Manager
- Assisting the Team Manager with the day to day operation of the Complex Patient Team
- Supervision of junior staff (a Solicitor and 2 NQ Solicitors)
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years’ experience (this is a rough PQE guide)
- A Senior Solicitor with experience of supervising others
- Court of Protection experience is essential (health and welfare)
- Clinical negligence experience is desirable
- Welsh language is desirable
- IT Literate
What you’ll get in return
- Salary up to £62,000 depending on relevant experience
- 27 days annual leave, increasing with length of service
- Flexible working (37.5 hours)
- Home working
- Childcare vouchers
- Long service award
- Annual employee awards
- Health and Wellbeing incentives
- Impressive pension
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions, please contact Sarah Castle at Yolk Recruitment on 07581489697.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.