Up to £27k
20 days ago
Salary: Up to £27k
The Credit Controller will work within the Finance team liaising with utilities clients chasing debt and resolve queries to reduce aged debt.
This will primarily be focused on supporting the finance team with the day-to-day activities, monitoring of inboxes, phone and email contact with the client, escalating queries to internal teams, ensuring chasing/query notes are updated on the system.
To contribute to the development of the finance function and work toward new innovative ways of working and supporting each other.
- Proactively managing and collecting debts from company debtors
- Follow up and manage old debt queries
- Ensuring timely payment of debts
- Following up payments as needed
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around payments and outstanding invoices
- Monitoring inboxes and responding to invoice/payment queries both internally and externally.
- Use different invoicing systems and client portfolios
- Ensuring all query/chasing notes are updated on the Concept system.
- Build and maintain a good relationship with the client
- Maintain a supportive function with other areas of the business
- Professional approach to work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- Ability to manage conflicting deadlines
- Proactive and positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to act on own initiative
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Ability to work and remain calm under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Excellent query and problem solving skills
- Proven experience of working in a finance team in the following areas; credit control, billings
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Polite, professional and highly efficient
- Some knowledge of invoicing procedures desirable
We’d love to hear from you, please apply or contact TSR Legal on 02920 388100 for a confidential discussion.