In-house Commercial Lawyer
Salary: Up to £65k pa
As a Commercial Lawyer, you will provide legal advice, support, and guidance for all commercial legal matters across a growing company.
Reporting into the Chief Legal & People Officer, your journey will involve a varied and extensive breadth of work and you will be responsible for delivery of legal advice and support across multiple business areas.
The legal team will be seen as a go to for legal expertise within the business, helping to support company’s continuing and ambitious growth plans.
- Assisting in the reviewing, drafting, negotiating and execution of a wide range of commercial contracts and ancillaries, including supplier contracts, non-disclosure agreements, license agreements, SaaS agreements, data processing agreements and other commercial agreements as needed.
- Reporting to the Executive Board on the progress of commercial matters.
- Identifying and managing legal risks and advising on compliance with relevant laws.
- Providing support and guidance on various areas of commercial and contract law and working closely with the wider teams.
- Contributing to potential M&A transactions by assisting with due diligence in relation to commercial matters.
- Working closely with the Chief Legal & People Officer and legal team.
- Identifying opportunities to improve contract management processes to drive scale and efficiency.
- Overseeing all aspects of managing and administering relevant contracts.
- Communicating with and managing external counsel as needed.
- Undertaking legal research and advising on changes to commercial law and regulations and ensuring legal and contractual compliance (including in relation to UK and EU GDPR).
- Ensure completion of all mandatory training and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Be willing to support other business areas as needed.
- Ensure that customer information is safeguarded at all times, in line with the GDPR.
- Be committed to maintaining our ISO27001 certification and setting high standards for Information Security compliance.
- Maintain information security to a recognised required standard in line with business needs.
Follow information security policies and procedures and demonstrate a personal commitment and comply with procedures relating to information security.
- Undertake information security training and help your team understand what is required of them under the company’s information security policies and procedures.
- Lead by example and act in compliance with GDPR, the Company’s policies and information security requirements at all times.
- Over time, help to supervise junior members of the legal team.
- Provide other duties as necessary to support the legal department.
- You will be a UK qualified solicitor with at least 3+ years post-qualification experience in commercial law (candidates with backgrounds in employment law or data protection/IP will also be considered).
- In-house legal experience is preferred but not essential.
- Experience practicing commercial law, with a strong understanding of contract law, business transactions, and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrable communication skills and commercial acumen.
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders as well as working in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to engage with business leaders and make independent decisions will be critical to this role.
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn and take on new challenges.
Salary is dependent on experience and the role comes with an attractive benefits package.
Please get in touch ASAP to discuss this role with Karen at TSR Legal Recruitment on 02920 388100 / firstname.lastname@example.org in complete confidence.