In-house Corporate Lawyer
Salary: Up to £80k pa
TSR Legal have a rare opportunity for a qualified solicitor to join our clients Legal team in Cardiff. We’re looking for corporate lawyer, someone with a background in M&A and commercial matters.
They are a friendly legal team of four in Cardiff, advising on all corporate matters for a rapidly growing business.
Reporting into the Chief Legal & People Officer, your journey will involve a varied and extensive breadth of work and you will be responsible for delivery of legal advice and support across multiple business areas.
You will be seen as a go to for legal expertise within the business, helping to support company’s continuing and ambitious growth plans.
- Assisting in corporate transactions, negotiating and leading on M&A activity and reporting to the Executive Board on the progress of M&A matters.
- Providing support and guidance in mostly M&A matters, but also commercial matters, joint ventures, shareholders agreements, intra-group agreements, buy outs, private equity, supporting company secretarial work, corporate governance needs and restructuring.
- The drafting, negotiating and reviewing of a wide range of corporate contracts, agreements and ancillary documents.
- Conducting effective research into areas of corporate law as required by the business.
- Overseeing all aspects of managing and administering relevant contracts.
- Communicating with and managing external counsel as needed.
- Working closely with the Chief Legal & People Officer and legal team.
- Advising on and ensuring legal and contractual compliance.
- Ensure completion of all mandatory training.
- Be willing to support other business areas as needed.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that customer information is safeguarded at all times, in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Be committed to maintaining our ISO27001 certification and set high standards for Information Security compliance.
- Maintain information security to a recognised required standard in line with business needs.
- Follow information security policies and procedures and demonstrate a personal commitment and comply with procedures relating to information security.
- Undertake information security training and help your team understand what is required of them under the company’s information security policies and procedures.
- Lead by example and act in compliance with GDPR, the Company’s policies and information security requirements at all times.
- Over time, help to supervise junior members of the legal team.
- Provide other duties as necessary to support the legal department.
- You will be a UK qualified solicitor with at least 5+ years’ post-qualification experience in corporate law and have significant M&A experience.
- In-house legal experience is preferred but not essential.
- Demonstrable communication skills and commercial acumen.
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders as well as working in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to engage with business leaders and make independent decisions will be critical to this role.
- You will have a high level of drafting skills.
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn and take on new challenges.
If you would like to hear here more about this corporate inhouse role in Cardiff, please contact Karen Jones at TSR Legal on 02920 388100 / email@example.com or ask to speak to another member of the in-house team in confidence.