NQ Solicitor (Up to 1 Yr PQE)
Dolmans Solicitors has an exciting opportunity for a solicitor to join its Private Client and Residential Conveyancing Team.
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week) based at the law firms office in Capital Tower, Cardiff, with the opportunity to also work remotely once a probationary period of six months has been completed.
Role: NQ Solicitor up to 1 year PQE.
Location: Cardiff (with future remote-working option).
What does the role entail?
A successful candidate must have experience of working within the areas of Residential Property, together with some Wills and Probate experience, if available. We’ve outlined what you might expect to do, per practice area, below:
- Taking initial instructions from clients (to include satisfying MLR and ID requirements) issuing quotes (under supervision) and building a rapport / communicating well with clients to successfully run files – initially under supervision but with a view to conducting own files.
- The caseload will comprise Freehold and Leasehold Sale, Purchase, Re-Mortgage and Transfer of Equity matters., from initial instruction to post completion (with the assistance of input from support staff).
- Assisting with new enquiries from clients.
- Dealing with instructions on Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney matters from start to finish to include the registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney with the Office of the Public Guardian.
- Assisting, under supervision, in all aspects of the firm’s estate administration caseload to include liaising with financial organisations to obtain information, providing updates to clients and beneficiaries, drafting inheritance tax forms, submitting probate applications and preparing estate accounts.
A candidate who identifies appropriate aptitude would have the opportunity to be involved in commercial conveyancing / more general commercial advice if this was required.
A successful candidate will have the desire to provide clients with the best service and to work well within a team structure.
Salary would be appropriate to candidate’s experience but would be anticipated to be in the bracket of £25,000 – £30,000.
Dolmans is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants and to embracing diversity in its workforce.
It aims to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and one in which all decisions are based on merit. A copy of its equal opportunities policy is available on request.
Application deadline: 18th June 2021.
Applicants should submit their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.