Practice / Operations Manager
A superb opportunity has arisen for a motivated Practice / Operations Manager to join a long standing and friendly legal practice in Cardiff. This is a rare opportunity and one that will offer long term development and job security.
The firm is looking for someone with a strong commercial acumen to become an integral member of the team to work closely with the Managing Partner. The ideal candidate will possess experience of general practice and HR policies including compliance and legal accounts.
The position carries the following main responsibilities:
- Monitoring team performance against agreed client service levels, internal targets and business objectives.
- Provision of management information on team and financial performance against targets.
- Compliance with legal and professional requirements and adherence to quality standards.
- Assisting with the maintenance of client relationships and supporting business development initiatives.
- Monitoring workflow and ensuring delivery against service level agreements and quality standards.
- Capacity planning and budgeting.
- Identifying training requirements within the team and ensuring participation in and delivery of training and development plans.
- Ensuring compliance with ISO 9001 requirements and undertaking internal audits.
- Exploring and challenging team structures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Continuous processes reviews, identifying and implementing changes to improve systems and address issues as identified to drive best practice.
- Creating and developing reporting solutions.
- Providing management information and analysing trends to improve service delivery.
- Assisting on projects and delivery of own assignments.
- Supporting the Managing Director and Practice Manager in the definition and delivery of the business plan and in setting budgets.
We require someone who can use their own initiative to deliver positive results. It is essential to show a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an administrative role within the legal environment.
It is important that you will be able to take control of the day-to-day finance operations of the practice in order to ensure the smooth-running of the firm.
You may desire some flexibility and the firm is prepared to offer this to you in return for your loyalty and commitment.