Retail & Consumer Case Handlers
Salary: From £20k pa (DOE)
TSR Legal are excited to be working with a law firm that is a full-service law firm offering corporate and commercial expertise alongside market-leading sector knowledge in insurance, healthcare and real estate. Our client’s CIR Retail & Consumer teams are a lawyer led claims handling service working with a range of corporate and insurer clients. Their specialism is working with in the retail and consumer sector; handling claims arising from the operation of motor fleets as well as the casualty claims arising from retail operations. They are proud to act for household names and to work with major UK retailers. The team is of over 60 working across two locations. This role is to be based in the Newport office.
Due to the recent success of the team we are looking to recruit a number of positions within the Retail & Consumer team on a full time permanent basis.
You do not have to have prior experience as a Claims Handler or a legal qualification in order to apply although great customer service skills are essential.
Successful candidates will undergo a comprehensive training program to give you the knowledge to succeed. Given the size of the team and number of clients they work with, there is a real opportunity for growth and development. Progression can either be by technical development, building client relationships and/or progression to a supervisor or managerial role.
As well as offering high levels of flexibility and a great work life balance, this firm offers a well-rounded remuneration package (which includes private medical insurance, income protection insurance and discounted gym membership, amongst many other benefits) alongside real opportunities for growth and progression. They actively encourage colleagues to make use of the professional funding scheme to complete legal or business qualifications relevant to your role.
This firm has a Flex Forward policy meaning that they have relaxed core hours and colleagues are able to flex their hours across the day and week. Throughout training you will be expected to come into the office 4 days a week and then can adopt hybrid working once training/probation has concluded.
To provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients in the management of volume pre- litigated cases in our motor department.
- Negotiate claims for liability and damages on pre litigation cases within authority limits
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications
- Ensure strategies reflect commercial reality of case value and maintaining an awareness of the firm’s strategies and plans
- Comply with internal and external service level agreements, including handling confidential information in line with the firm’s data security protocols
- To record timely and accurate management information
- To hit their individual financial targets (which are set based upon work type, charging basis and experience)
- IT skills – Be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Prioritisation & Organisation skills – The ability to organise their own caseloads, with the ability to work; thrive under pressure and to juggle competing demands on their time
- Analytical skills – The ability to critically look at factual evidence, identify issues and inconsistencies
- Commercial sense – The ability to know the principle or law but also to apply commerciality as to whether a defence is worth pursuing
- Interpersonal skills – The ability to work with a team, speak to customers on the telephone and a strong focus on providing a high level of customer service
- Resilience – The ability to stand their ground in telephone negotiations and to receive feedback
- Aptitude to learn – The ability to retain knowledge and implement new skills within their claims handling capabilities.
- Demonstrates alignment with the Firm’s Cultural Principles (Clear, Creative, Determined and Supportive).
If you’re interested in this opportunity and would like to have a confidential conversation, please contact Ella Watts at TSR Legal on 02920388100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.