Senior Development Officer
The Access to Justice Foundation is seeking an experienced Senior Development Officer to help build on its fundraising success and meet its strategic objectives.
If you are a motivated and determined individual who’s keen to play a part in increasing the support available to vulnerable people requiring access to the legal system, then we have just the role for you.
Reporting to the Development Director, you will use your creativity and relationship development experience to build relationships with key stakeholders across the professional legal services sector to deliver the Foundation’s income generation targets.
The purpose of the Senior Development Officer role is to build relationships with legal professionals, raise funds from them (largely through events) and to manage a team of volunteers.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Working to increase funds raised for the Access to Justice Foundation
- Raise significant income through a series of national and local community participation events and activities across the UK
- Support the development director in scoping new opportunities for income generation
- Ensure compliance with relevant systems and processes
Establishing and managing relationships
- Develop and maintain relationships with law firms, chambers, universities, local legal networks, legal recruitment agents and other organisations allied to the legal profession in order to raise funds and maximise impact of our events programme
- Support the Development Director in identifying potential key stakeholder relationships and strengthening our regional presence
- Ensure staff, volunteers and Trustees are kept up to date with the Foundation’s events and activities programme
- Identify potential volunteer roles
- Recruit and support volunteers, including providing them with opportunities which support their career development
- Ensure volunteers are properly embedded as part of the team, including through providing a thorough induction and supervision process
- Conduct exit interviews, collate feedback and improve practice as needed
Marketing and communications
- Ensure events and activities are marketed appropriately through a range of channels using impactful and up to date material
- Support the management and updating of CMS content and CRM data to ensure currency, accuracy and compliance
- Maintain awareness of relevant developments in the sector
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures are complied with
- Other tasks as required generally commensurate with the post
- Ability to use initiative to work alone ensuring work is planned, prioritised, and organised to achieve set deadlines and agreed targets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to adapt and respond to different audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and capacity to build authentic and effective relationships
- Good time management skills, including an understanding of the most efficient way to work to achieve the goal
- Has the persistence and desire to get past ‘gate keepers’ during cold/warm calls to develop a consistent pipeline of leads and opportunities
- An understanding of volunteer management
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of CRM database management,
- Microsoft Office, CMS software, and digital communications platforms.
- Experience in income generation via a range of activities
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to think creatively and find innovative solutions that may extend beyond the traditional approach
- Knowledge of the professional legal services sector (or similar)
- Working knowledge of charity fundraising legislation, including GDPR
- Volunteer supervision
- There is flexibility in where you choose to work, although there would be a requirement for 2 days per week to be worked from our office in London.
- Precise days and working pattern will be agreed with the postholder.
- Application Instructions
Please ensure that your CV and a short statement (no more than 2 sides of A4), outlining your experience and interest in this post is submitted by or before Friday 17th June 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Ref: Senior Development Officer Application.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, regrettably only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.