The Law Society Wales office has announced the members of its new National Board for Wales – which replaces the former Wales Committee while amplifying the voice and focus for the nation’s sector.
The Board comprises solicitors in private practice, from in-house teams and also includes Law Society Council members for Wales.
The members of the National Board for Wales are:
- Mark Davies, Goldstones Solicitors (Interim Chair)
- Gareth Jones, Gomer Williams & Co (Interim Vice Chair)
- Eve Piafferetti, Blake Morgan LLP
- Daniela Mahapatra, NHS Wales Legal & Risk
- Kelly Byrne, Pembrokeshire County Council
- Edward Friend, Carreg Law
- Emily Littlehales, Celtic Law
- Carolyn Kirby – Council Member (Mid & West Wales)
- Mark Evans – Council Member (North Wales)
- Clive Thomas – Council Member (South Wales)
- Scott Bowen – Council Member (Gwent and the South West)
The inaugural meeting of the National Board for Wales will take place on 8th December at the Wales Office in Cardiff. The Board will be joined by Law Society President Lubna Shuja, the Chair of the Main Board, Robert Bourns, and the new Law Society Chief Executive, Ian Jefffery.
The Counsel General and Minister for the Constitution, Mick Antoniw, will also be in attendance.