LawWorks invites law firms in Wales to join is national pro bono charity network for solicitors, for free.
LawWorks Cymru is delighted to be able to offer free membership to law firms, in-house teams and organisations with a head office in Wales.
Membership of LawWorks includes all the lawyers, staff and volunteers within your firm, giving them free access to all of its services including:
- Help with setting up pro bono initiatives and clinics from a dedicated Welsh clinics officer
- Our popular Not-for-Profits Programme connects pro bono solicitors with charities needing legal advice. As a member you receive researched and prepared cases, based on your area of interest and expertise, and we are always on hand to help
- Our new Pro Bono Connect scheme which helps barristers and solicitors collaborate on pro bono cases
- Our new Free Legal Answers website which enables access to pro bono legal advice for individuals on low incomes across England and Wales
- Our weekly news bulletin ‘LawWorks Weekly’ and quarterly newsletter
- Professional indemnity insurance to cover in-house legal team’s pro bono work conducted as part of our programmes
- Our legal and professional skills training from expert trainers (and online resources – including recordings of training sessions and associated materials)
- Networking opportunities, including the LawWorks pro bono forum, roundtables and events
- Recognition of pro bono work at the annual LawWorks Pro Bono Awards
- The opportunity (if you wish) to support our work to influence positive policy change.
Find out more about the charity’s work, here.
Download the LawWorks membership brochure.
LawWorks believes that while pro bono is not, and should not become, an alternative to legal aid – it makes an important contribution to accessing legal information, advice and representation.
By joining LawWorks for free, your law firm can become part of a network of 150 law firms, in-house teams and organisations committed to providing access to justice for the most vulnerable in our communities.
Training & support
LawWorks is the leading pro bono charity for solicitors. It supports member organisations to achieve high quality pro bono work by collaboratively developing impactful programmes that fit with CSR objectives and engage the whole team. Examples of training and support for Solicitors can be found via the LawWorks weekly e-newsletters, which can be found here. (Click on ‘subscribe’ to get these sent straight to your inbox).
Membership in Wales is free
To apply for membership please complete the membership form. Membership brings no obligation – but by joining you will be supporting the work of LawWorks Cymru to enable access to justice; especially important in these most challenging times.