To celebrate St. David’s Day, Public Law Wales hosted a special event to explore the unique nature of Public Law in Wales, and introduce the impact of these specific features and the latest research.
The event proved popular and covered a diverse glimpse into future developments in public law in Wales, offered a vibrant discussion and was organised in co-operation with Legal News Wales as part of our programme of free events for the legal sector in Wales, to mark St David’s Day 2021.
We’ve shared the full recording below.
What we covered
A diverse panel of speakers, comprised of members of Public Law Wales, academics, barristers and solicitors, presented present a bite-sized introduction to a number of themes and launch discussions:
- Wales is Fairer – a brief examination of some of the unique features of public law in Wales
- A practical (Planning Law) perspective
- Welsh language & Judicial Review
- Research on Public Law in Wales
- His Honour Judge Milwyn Jarman QC
- Rhodri Williams QC, 30 Park Place Chambers & Chair of Public Law Wales
- David Gardner, No5 Chambers
- Natalie Harries, Geldards LLP
- Dr Sarah Nason, Bangor University
This event was hosted on the 1 March 2021.
- To download Rhodri Williams QC‘s slidedeck, please click here.
- To download David’s Gardner‘s slidedeck, please click here.
- To download Natalie Harries‘ slidedeck, please click here.
- For a copy of Sarah Nason’s slidedeck, including the research listed, please click here.
Book now for our next event with Public Law Wales: